Book Review: I Am Death by Chris Carter, one of the most audacious serial killers ever is loose on the streets of LA



An Evil Mind  first got me hooked onto Chris Carter's books so I Am Death had a hard act to follow, but boy does it pack a punch.  Detectives Robert Hunter and Carlos Garcia make a great tag team and the writing is deliciously obscene as Carter creates the world of the serial killer and his victims with an uncanny evil.  This is the 7th Robert Hunter book.  Release date 30 July 2015



When a student is audaciously abducted from her babysitting job only to be found with Los Angeles Airport as the backdrop
with a note from the killer stuck in her throat proclaiming proudly 'I AM DEATH' , Hunter and Garcia know there will be more deaths... and of course they're right.
I Am Death   is visceral, unrelenting and in places downright disturbing, however it is also gives a fascinating take on the relationship between the serial killer and his victims as well as illustrating what damaged minds are capable of. Carter delivers a perfectly wonderful twist at the end which I truly did not see coming, but it just makes all the elements of the book fall completely into place.  I love Carter's ability to create the deranged mind of a killer and really get into his psyche.  
I Am Death is a powerful read which will have you thinking about it long after you've finished reading.  I'm fascinated with the psychopathy of killing and Chris Carter is one of the few authors I think who is able to blend the obscenity of killing with the righteousness of his Detectives.  If you like, Hunter and Garcia's characters make the obscene more palatable.  If you like Jeffrey Deaver, Peter James or just a damn good, but slightly uncomfortable read then I Am Death is for you.
Available on Amazon kindle £9.49 or HB £11.89
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Am-Death-Robert-Hunter/dp/1471132234/ref=sr_1_1_twi_2_har?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1435829155&sr=1-1&keywords=i+am+death

Comments