Die Again by Tess Gerritsen, Book Review

What does a psychopathic murderer in Boston have in common with an African leopard? Both are dangerous creatures, unpredictable predators who stalk their prey and strike when least expected. 'Die Again' takes us from Boston to Botswana. We are on a safari of death, deep in the African savanna, where danger is the byword. In our global world, people travel, so do murderers, leaving bodies spread around like spots on a leopard.

It’s been a while since I’ve met up with my two old friends Rizzoli and Isles, at least on the pages of a book. I’ve enjoyed the TV series, but there’s nothing like delving into the story, savouring the detail, the depth of character, the subtlety TV can’t convey. Having watched the series, I now can’t get the likeness of the characters out of my head and Rizzoli will always look like the stunning actress Angie Harmon and Isles like the gorgeous Sasha Alexander. Setting that aside, the darkness and turmoil so well portrayed in the book ‘Die Again’ gripped me, from beginning to end.

So what is the link between eviscerated corpses in Botswana, Nevada, Maine and Boston? Will Rizzoli and Isles work it out? Will they figure it out in time to save the only witness, the one survivor from the horrifying safari six years ago in Africa?

I relished ‘Die Again’ so much I can’t wait till Gerritsen’s next book, ‘I Know a Secret’ comes out on August 15th.  (A Ballantyne Hardcover).

 It will present us with another shadowy psychopath, abuse, a horror film, innocent victims, and a long- buried past that contains immeasurable trouble. And, of course, our two endearing and enduring heroines, Rizzoli and Isles.  






Comments