#Theakstonscrime: Comic Gems from Harrogate


Every year I attend The Theakston's Old Peculier crime writing festival in Harrogate and every year I am introduced to new authors, old authors, new forensics and new ways of killing somebody.  But, the part I love most about Theakston's is the way I end up laughing throughout the weekend.  Here's just a few of the laughs from this years festival...

 
Linwood Barclay - "Despite my obvious Jack Reacher appearance I don't really identify with those sort of heroes."
and on the difference between the USA and Canadian criminal - "In Canada after they killed you they'd say 'I'm real sorry.'"

The affable, gentlemanly Gerald Seymour's recount of a conversation with an elderly lady about a scene in one of his books made me laugh big time... Elderly lady to Gerald, "I was just wondering  - foot first or head first into the wood chipper?"


Martina Cole in conversation with peter James "Harrogate's the place to come if you want a glass of white wine on the stage." - sums the festival up I thought.



  Julia Crouch, barely refraining from clapping in glee "Oh, I LOVE cults!"



Val McDermid to New Blood panellist JS Law (ex marine), when he admitted to writing some 'adult' fiction.  "Oh, I see.  Fifty Shades of Navy Blue was it?"





Dragon's Pen pitchee after being asked to submit work by four of the 'Dragons' - "Really?  I thought it was just a game!!"

Comments