Book Review. No Safe House by Linwood Barclay

This is the sequel to the Sunday Times no 1 best seller No Time For Goodbye.

Seven years on Terry Archer, his wife Cynthia, and daughter Grace are still living with the ghosts of an horrific ordeal that almost cost them their lives. Cynthia, fiercely overprotective of her daughter, temporarily moves out of the family home in an effort to overcome emotional issues which are threatening to split the family up permanently. When their daughter Grace enters an empty house with boyfriend Stuart she unwittingly puts herself and her family in danger. Terry and Cynthia are forced to reconnect, once more, with ruthless criminal Vince Fleming in order to save themselves, regardless of the consequences.

It took a while for the story to get going but once it did I was gripped.

I haven’t read the first novel, in fact I haven’t read any Linwood Barclay before, and although No Safe House works well as a standalone, personally, I feel that I should have read them in order, and will definitely be reading No Time For Goodbye.

I love stories with plenty of twists and this one certainly had them in abundance. Once Grace enters the empty house with her boyfriend Stuart she sets off a chain reaction of events that don’t let up until the very end of the novel. My list of suspects changed from one page to the next. The sinister plot is very well thought out and the tension builds up towards a shocking but satisfactory ending.

I liked this novel and intend to read more by this author.

I wish to thank the Orion Publishing Group and Netgalley for my copy in return for an honest unbiased review of this novel.

Published on 25th September 2014.  If you want to see more, look at this clip:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7FucZs4MyY








Comments