Book Review: Shattered Souls by Delilah Devlin

Shattered Souls by Delilah Devlin
Shattered souls is an urban fantasy crime novel - the first I've read, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I found this easy to read with likeable characters and I thoroughly enjoyed my introduction to criminals in the form of Wraiths and Demons.
Caitlyn O'Connell is a psychic ex cop who tries to douse her 'gift' with alcohol.  Then her ex- husband cop Sam Pierce forces her to assist in the investigation into their old mentor Harry's murder.  The reason he wants Cait
 to help is that despite Harry's room being a bloodbath and locked from inside there is no body.  Cait soon finds Harry encapsulated in a mirror by a 'Wraith'. 
Wraith
Cait and Sam combine their efforts which leads them to investigate the disappearance of three young girls.
I really enjoyed the way the paranormal investigation and the police investigation were co dependant.  The plot was intriguing and Devlin created twists and turns to keep us guessing.  There was a really scary scene in a graveyard where my heartbeat definately pumped some adrenalin round my body.  Unfortunately, I can't compare this to any similar books, all I can say is that I enjoyed it!

I will certainly be on the lookout for more urban fantasy crime books.
I hear Charlaine Harris is coming to Harrogate Crime Festival this year so I aim to read some of her True Blood series before then.  In the meantime, I'll also check out more Cait O'Connell books.

See my Bloggers Blag for funny related story :
                    Ms -Cosy - Crime meets....

Comments