Kidnap


Finally we had a lead.  The girl was being held in an abandoned warehouse off Denison Street.

“Leave your gun,” advised my DI, “I don’t want you provoking the Kidnappers.”

I laid my berretta on the desk.

The street lights flickered as I turned into the desolate street.  Spotting the warehouse, I parked my car out of sight round the corner.

The building was in darkness.  Not knowing what I was up against, I knew I should wait for backup but I had no choice; a girl was in danger, I wasn’t going to waste time.  I had to go in!

My hand brushed the empty holster, a fatal mistake, perhaps.  I would find out soon enough.

Cautiously, I pushed the door open; aware that even the slightest sound would be heard in the menacing silence, surprise was the only weapon I had against the kidnappers.

Carefully I made my way through the building, my eyes quickly adjusting to the gloom.  I heard muffled noises, and, as I moved towards the sound I glimpsed the outline of a female. 

Adrenaline caused through my veins but as I felt a familiar vibration, my mouth went dry, realisation dawned, my phone was about to ring!

 

Cheryll Taylor Rawling

 

Comments