Sneaky Peek: Out Of The Silence by Owen Mullen



Available here
Out Of The Silence
A compelling revenge thriller

Star investigative reporter Ralph Buchanan’s glory days are behind him. His newspaper has banished him to Pakistan, not knowing the greatest moment of his long career is waiting for him there.
When Simone Jasnin asks him to help expose a grave injustice, he finds himself embroiled in a harrowng tale that began in a dusty settlement in rural Punjab, setting in motion a chain of events that will change the lives of
everyone involved.
Seven years later in the city of Lahore, members of a prominent family are being brutally murdered, one by one. The only clue is a hand-carved wooden bangle left at the scene of each crime. 
As the list of suspects grows and the tension mounts, Ralph realises the answers might be closer to home than he ever thought possible. 
Solving the mystery will put him back on top but at what cost?


 Author Bio

Owen Mullen is a McIlvanney Crime Book Of The Year 
long-listed novelist.

Owen graduated from Strathclyde University, moved to London and worked as a rock musician, session singer and songwriter, and had a hit record in Japan with a band he refuses to name; he still loves to perform on occasion. His passion for travel has taken him on many adventures from the Amazon and Africa to the colourful continent of India and Nepal. A gregarious recluse, he and his wife, Christine, split their time between Glasgow, and their home in the Greek Islands where In Harm's Way and the Charlie Cameron and Delaney series' were created and written. His latest novel Out Of The Silence is an epic revenge thriller set in Pakistan. 

SM Links

Author.to/OwenMullen                                            bit.ly/YouTube-OwenMullen
bit.ly/Twitter-OwenMullen6                                     bit.ly/FB-OwenMullen
bit.ly/InstagramOwenMullen                                   bit.lyLinkedIn-OwenMullen
                                             bit.ly/BookBubOwenMullen

Sneaky Peek

Only when the smoke clears will the killing stop and honour be satisfied…

Excerpt

1998 National Press Awards, 
The Dorchester, 
Mayfair 
A rainy evening in London: from the window, Hyde Park is grey and forbidding in the fading light, as unwelcoming as the sweltering heat of the subcontinent the day I stepped off the plane, hungover and fortunate to still have a job. 
This city used to be my home. 
Tonight I feel like a stranger –worse –an imposter; a teller of half-truths. But they asked me, so I came. 
Not long ago, I would have relished an occasion like this and the ballyhoo that goes with it. I see it differently now. Soon, we’ll go downstairs, have dinner with colleagues, listen to speeches from the great and the good of the newspaper world, and applaud in the right places. Towards the end, I’ll be called on to say a few words and accept an award for something I rejected until a pretty face persuaded me to take a second look. 
In my wildest dreams I couldn’t have imagined the reaction the piece would provoke, or the praise it would receive. Some have called me courageous for putting my name to it. That makes me smile. There was courage, certainly, but it wasn’t mine. Nothing changed because of me: I was the one who was changed. 
The truth about what really happened will always be a mystery. I have my own ideas, of course: Jameel and Gulzar; Doctor Simone Jasnin; Ali and Idris; and the irredeemable Dilawar Hussein family, all carried a part of it. 
I never knew Afra, yet she spoke to me. She speaks to me still. I owe her my life. 
It began in a Punjab village, a dusty settlement miles from the road, and ended in the city of Lahore. Not the story that brought me here, this story –the one I didn’t write. 

Comments