The Final Hour by Tom Wood, Book Review



Novels about assassins, conspiracy power groups, and clandestine government agencies are not usually my cup of tea. However, ‘The Final Hour’ featuring Victor, an enigmatic and ruthless killer for hire, changed my mind. I love books that have an unusual concept, a different take on the world of crime, murder and suspense. ‘The Final Hour’ has this and more. 

What happens when two incredibly accomplished and skilful killers come up against each other? What happens when they need each other and then again when they don’t anymore? Believe me when I say we’re not talking a companionable drink in the pub after a hard day’s work.
How much of themselves do authors reveal in a book? A lot in my experience, more than they are probably aware of or comfortable with. Take Tom Wood. I wouldn’t want to hang out with him, he sounds too much of a fitness and diet fascist. Nevertheless, his expertise of all things Krav Maga, martial arts and boxing, helps to create two very plausible assassins and a chilling setting.  

This is the 7th Victor the Assassin book, my first, but not my last. 

Published in 2017 by Sphere, in hardback, £19.99.

Comments