Book Review: Because She Loves Me by Mark Edwards. A superb psychological thriller


Andrew Sumner has met the perfect girl, or has he...? This is the question asked in this superb psychological thriller by Mark Edwards.

It is difficult to review this book without giving away spoilers, so all I’m going to say about the plot is that it's a fabulous tale of infatuation and jealousy. It is full of twists that often leaves you wrong footed.

I love reading Mark Edwards’ novels because he writes about everyday normal people in everyday normal situations, except that terrifying things tend to happen to them. This book is no different, and it is all the more scary because it can happen to you.

It is the type of book that hooks you from the start. I couldn't put it down because I was intrigued to find out what was going on. The ending took me totally by surprise, I never saw it coming.


This thriller follows Mark's hugely successful novel, 'The Magpies', which topped the UK kindle charts for several months. If you liked 'The Magpies' you'll love this, and you will also be able to catch up with Lucy, a character from 'The Magpies' who appears briefly within the pages.
 
The main character Andrew is very realistic, and I did wonder if the author had based him a little on himself, I subsequently found out that the author had indeed suffered some of the things that happen to Andrew.

This plot is very skilfully thought out, and you will find yourself thinking about it long after you have finished the last page

If you love psychological thrillers I highly recommend you read this book.


Comments