Somewhere to hide (The Estate,book 1) by Mel Sherratt


Somewhere to hide (The Estate, Book 1) by Mel Sherratt 

I was drawn to this Ebook because I’m a housing officer who works on Estates and this book is set on a housing estate. 

The book focuses on Cathy, a widow who takes in vulnerable women and runaway girls, and the notorious Mitchell Estate where they live.  

Mel paints a very realistic image of a deprived housing Estate that could be sited in a town anywhere in Britain.   Some of her characters are not the most likeable of people but I found myself becoming engrossed in their lives.

Parts of the book are heartbreaking, parts light hearted, other parts are shocking and although I realised early on who the ‘Antagonist’ was, it didn’t spoil my enjoyment of the book or indeed its ending. 

I look forward to reading the rest of the trilogy.
Cheryll Taylor Rawling

Comments