Quiz/ Trivia: Theakstons/Harrogate amusing QUOTES quiz Answers now added at bottom of the page


This is my final Theakstons/ Harrogate post and it’s a bit of fun really.
Dave Barclay
NJ Cooper
Val McDermid
Olivia Coleman

During the festival I noticed a few amusing, 
Laura Lippman
embarrassing, mind-boggling

and interesting quotes
John Harvey


so here we go…..

Mark Billingham





Match the Quote to the Perpetrator
1/ This person quoted Lee Marvin in ‘Paint Your Wagon’  in reference to Julia Crouch’s main character in The Long Fall.  

‘I never saw a sight that didn’t look better looking back'


2/ This person said this in reference to surprising his fans… (Say no more)


‘I could always surprise them by jumping out from behind a sheep.’
3/ This person jokingly suggested this as a way to position your spouse  prior to pushing them off a cliff (Tongue in cheek)

“Oh look Dear, is that a puffin down there?”
4/ In reference to Lord Peter Wimsey.

‘I’d never tire of slapping him’

5/ In reference to a her Broadchurch character

‘You wouldn’t be able to do four months of snotting and crying.’
6/ At the Late Night Quiz




‘Name this 1970’s TV Detective… Does anyone know the theme tune for Shoestring?’
7/ Which author on being asked to write a series of Westerns admitted that

‘They could have said knitting books and I’d have said yes.’
8/ When asked what book they were reading at the moment this person offered the following information.

'I could fit six people in my Hotel bed- It's massive! and I've got two baths!'






ANSWERS
 1/-NJ Cooper         2/ Peter May        3/ Dave Barclay            4/ Val McDermid

5/ Olivia Coleman    6/ Mark Billingham     7/  John Harvey    8/ Laura Lippman











Comments

  1. Do you think having six people in his (her?) bed is wishful thinking? i love the quotes, but was hopeless in matching them up. My favourite is, 'I'd never tire of slapping him', i can apply that to several people I can think of. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will now be placed in a moderation queue for approval.