Book Review: Twisted by Steve Cavanagh ebook available now Paperback on 4th April 2019

Available here



Ok, so I like books with twists, but someone needs to issue a warning on this one, for the twists are aplenty. I should have started reading fuelled by coffee and on high alert. 
Instead, I opened it at bedtime and was quite happily reading along, feeling the characters, enjoying the scene setting, loving the backstory ... and then ... WHAM - The first twist hit me right between the eyes (and it's a damn good one too), and there I was wide awake with little hope of settling down till I'd read one ... no two ... no three... chapters more ....
So, here you have it - this one is Twisted by title, Twisted by nature and Twisted throughout ..... I LOVED IT! 





Blurb

BEFORE YOU READ THIS BOOK
I WANT YOU TO KNOW THREE THINGS:
1. The police are looking to charge me with murder.
2. No one knows who I am. Or how I did it.
3. If you think you've found me. I'm coming for you next.
After you've read this book, you'll know: the truth is far more twisted...

******************
'A fantastic read. You won't be able to put this down.'Luca Veste
'A fantastic standalone thriller. Punchy, ridiculously gripping, fast-paced, clever. Beautifully-plotted and incredibly fun to read. He's done it again. SUPERB.' Will Dean
'In the words of the great Jim Ross, "Good Gawd Almighty". What a heck of a year or so for Steve Cavanagh: his fourth novel THIRTEEN sold like hotcakes and was on many 'best of the year' lists, his third tale THE LIAR won the CWA Gold Dagger, and now this. Best yet? Devoured it in a day.' Craig Sisterson
'A corkscrewing rollercoaster of thrills, switchbacks, loop-de-loops and screaming good fun. Add it to your wish list!' Mark Edwards

My Thoughts
It's difficult to know where to start with Twisted as there are so many ways i could include huge spoilers, so I'm going to be minimalist in this review, so you can go off and experience the twisted mind (do you see what I did there) of Steve Cavanagh for yourself. 
The twists throughout were beautifully executed in my opinion and that was a real driver to get the book finished quickly to see the final twist and i just love it when you have that adrenalin pulling you to read on.  
Being a crime author myself, I was intrigued by the story being set in the publishing, crime fiction world and it had my synapses clicking all over the place. In places it was tongue in cheek, in others it seemed very realistic about the publishing world and that drew me in too. 
The main detective characters were quirky, appealing and human and the others (I'm not going to specify, for sure as fate I'll drop a spoiler) were brilliantly written.
Cavanagh is skilled at taking you by the hand and leading you blindfolded right up the garden path, only to turn you upside down, twirl you round and transport you somewhere else completely - truly masterful technique of setting red herrings that blend so well that it's not until he chooses to reveal them that you realise you've been had. 
Twisted is pure edge of the seat, adrenalin, edginess from start to finish.

Comments